We are very excited to announce that our tennis courts are about to get a whole lot better! From Monday 9th September the courts will be completely closed for 8 weeks whilst they are resurfaced and 6 of the courts have flood lights installed. That means tennis all year round, no longer interrupted by those dreary dark winter months. Unfortunately that also means that there will be no courts and no coaching sessions for 8 weeks. For more info check out our FAQ fact sheet by clicking on the adjacent link.
Tennis Xpress is a beginner adult introductory coaching course for players who want to learn the basics of the sport. Over a period of six weeks, Tennis Xpress is centred on the use of modified equipment such as slower bouncing green and orange balls to ensure that players quickly learn the game of tennis; being able to serve, rally and score by the end of the course.
£48 | 6 week course
- week 1
- Achieving success - forehands and backhands
- week 2
- Dealing with problems - Understanding how to read the incoming ball
- week 3
- Being in the right place - preparing body and racket ready to hit and knowing where to recover
- week 4
- Causing trouble - learn how to direct the ball and move your opponent
- week 5
- Putting it all together - combining everything that was taught in weeks 1 - 4
- week 6
- Points! Attacking and defending - Knowing when the right time is to attack or defend
- Warm Up (10 mins)
- Xpress challenge (20 mins)
- Introduction to key teaching points
- Xpress Improve (25 mins)
- Developing teaching points through drills set up in 3 ways - players feeding the ball to each other, working with the coach and players rallying together.
- Xpress points (60min)
- Competition is explored in every session. The rules are slowly introduced when relevant. Practice what you have learnt with your peers. Please note this section is not coach supervised